The Saskatoon Engineering Society (SES) has a mandate to advance the engineering profession and related societies by assisting in information exchange between Society members and the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS) Council by acting as a local agent and focal point to promote matters pertaining to the education and awareness of the profession.
- To represent the profession within the designated geographic area of the Society.
- To provide an effective liaison between the members of the Society and the Council of APEGS to facilitate communications between members and council.
- To promote interest and participation by members in its activities, objectives, and current issues of the profession.
- To inform students and educators about careers in the profession.
- To provide support (financial or otherwise) to students engaged in or entering engineering education.
- To promote continuing education for existing members to keep them current.
- Arrange for business meetings, seminars, forums, social events, and other activities for professional, educational, and fellowship development.
- Assist in the provision of career counseling services to inform students and educators at all levels about careers in the profession.
- Attendance by the society president or alternate at the APEGS Annual General Meeting and other appropriate activities.
- Encourage members to participate in the business and activities of the profession.
- Promote understanding of the profession to students, educators, and the public.
- Undertake other services as may be deemed appropriate.
Who is in the Saskatoon Society?
Every member of APEGS belongs to a designated society. The Saskatoon Society includes all APEGS members with mailing addresses in one the following communities in Saskatchewan:
Aberdeen, Allan, Asquith, Biggar, Clavet, Colonsay, Dalmeny, Davidson, Delisle, Dundurn, Edenburg, Elstow, Grandora, Hanley, Hepburn, Humboldt, Kenaston, Kindersley, Langham, Lanigan, Martensville, Outlook, Osler, Rosetown, Rosthern, Saskatoon, Sovereign, St. Denis, Vanscoy, Vonda, Warman, and Watrous.